Skip to main content

Week 2 - Who Am I?

This week I took 5 different personality tests in order to find out more about myself. Here are my opinions about what I thought about each one and how accurate I thought each one was.

1. Jung Typology Test

I did a test like this in my speech class before called the 16 Personalities Test and I was surprised to find out that the results were similar and that I received the same "personality type" as before. I ended up receiving the ENFP personality type, which would indicate that I am a "campaigner" and a "people person." The results also say that I am warm, kind, and a good friend to be around. These statements are relatively true in my own opinion because I like to seek out human connections that I commit to and want to keep stable. In addition, the results also say that I don't like being bound down by specific rules and guidelines and that's also correct in the way that I like having space to express my own ideas and opinions instead of following strict orders. These results seem semi-reliable because I agree with them but also because they're in line with the 16 Personalities test which is an award-winning test.

Image result for ENFP

https://www.opp.com/-/media/Images/Content-images/MBTI-stress-heads/ENFP.jpg

https://www.16personalities.com/enfp-personality

^^more information about the ENFP personality type^^

2. Find Your Hogwarts House

This test really caught my eye when I scrolled through the website and I clicked on it because it seemed like one of the more comprehensive "house-sorting" tests I've taken. The ones I find on Facebook are only 10 questions or so I was pretty excited to find out how a simple Facebook test compares to a longer one. I ended up getting sorted in Hufflepuff as I normally do but the reasoning was a lot more detailed than what I was used to. The reason that I was sorted into Hufflepuff was that I am fair-minded and hardworking and I guess that's pretty accurate considering that I try my best in everything I do and don't like to keep bad feelings or hold any grudges against anyone. I would've obviously liked the feeling of getting sorted into Gryffindor but hey, a 92% match to Hufflepuff is a 92% match. I'm also a bit uncertain about the validity of this test because it's based on fictional characters and data and obviously for fun.

3. Online Attraction Test

I saw a lot of people take this test during class so I decided to give it a try. It was interesting how they asked for your own preferences before showing you any pictures of actual people for you to compare your own thoughts to the results of the test. The results ended up saying that I valued qualities of intelligence and trendiness more than the average male, seductiveness on average, but counter-culture as below average. Honestly, I've never thought about the possibility that I would prefer a certain sort of girl but with these results, I probably have a "type." Now that this test has opened my eyes, I noticed that all the girls that I've liked in the past and present are either smart in their own ways or dress well. There you go. That's my type. If you're smart and dress well, hit me up. Obviously, this test is for entertainment/personal purposes, so although the results might feel right, I have to remain skeptical.

Image result for emma watson

How do you have a 138 IQ and STILL look this good? 

https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/03/13/636249788273486292925103576_emma.jpg

4. True Crime Test

Honestly, I randomly clicked on this test and decided to carry through with it. It asked me simple questions about what type of person I thought I was (outgoing, energetic, caring, forgiving) and then showed me a picture of a fake criminal and described her crimes/background (I didn't know it was fake until the end). Next, it asked me whether or not I would be interested in talking, having a date with, or writing, to that person. I answered no to a lot of the questions pertaining to physically meeting with the person but I was open to writing or learning more about the "criminal." The results told me that I was a conscientious person that is open to learning new things about people. I guess that's pretty accurate because I like learning about people to figure out their motivations and desires to do various things like committing crimes. The length of this survey was short so I'm not really sure about the validity of the results.  

5. Multi-Dimensional IQ Test

I took this test because I had flashbacks to 2nd grade when my teacher pulled me aside to take an IQ test with a few students in some room. Apparently, my mom paid money for me to take it? She doesn't remember exactly what I got and never told me but she did tell me it was above average and the reason why teachers started giving me more difficult work to do in class. After I took this online one, the results told me that I had an IQ of 132, which is in the "gifted" range of people. I guess this isn't surprising considering I was identified as gifted and talented in elementary school, but I had a few struggles some pattern and shape questions so I'm still kind of shocked how I scored so high. This test was for entertainment purposes only and isn't administered by a true professional psychologist so it's not the most reliable test out there for IQ. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 - Retention

This week the class was given the assignment to complete 3 different memory tests and report results in order to explore the abilities of our brains. 1) The first test I decided to take was the Face Memory Game - 2. It was a relatively short test that had 10 changing parts of a cartoon face that would flip by randomly until the user froze the frame. I have attached the original face vs the one that I had to use my memory to "recreate." As you can see, I only missed two portions (the right eye and the chin), which means my facial memory is pretty adequate. With one trial, obviously, this test isn't as reliable. So I did the test 3 times in total and I got the results of (8/10, 9/10, and 7/10), which would average out to 8/10 (the result I got the first time). Knowing this, the test is reliable because I received similar results even after doing the test multiple more times. The test is valid because it measures how well I can memorize facial features, which is the purpos...

Week 3 - Ambiguity

We were given the assignment to write about anything that we wanted that related to Psychology this week. Our teacher gave us websites for articles to spark our imagination, so I read through the Psychology Today website and stumbled upon an article titled "We Met Yesterday, Will I Like You in 3 months?"  Website link:  https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/experimentations/201804/we-met-yesterday-will-i-you-in-3-months My comments and thoughts are below:  The post begins by saying "[w henever] we meet someone, we have some feelings about whether we like the other person, and if so, how much."  It further says that " This immediate  attraction  doesn’t have to be romantic " and that "[as]  long as there is a reasonably chance of a significant relationship in the future, we will notice the feeling of affection. "  The fact that this is true in peoples' lives means that people are pretty gullible into having feelings for someone in ...